Have a Nice Day

I never seem to run into my friends on campus. This is a sad fact that I must come to terms with, especially when Elaine comes home spouting off a gargantuan list of everyone I know and want to know whom she has seen that day. So, when I do see someone on campus, I get a little excited. And y'all know what ridiculous things happen when I get excited.
I would say that it looks less dorky, but we all know that's a lie.


So, the other day when I was walking to work, I saw my friend Todd. He was walking about ten feet in front of me and so I conspicuously ran towards him and kicked his backpack in a friendly fashion. He took longer than I expected to turn around, so I said, "Hey, punk!" and kicked him again. Todd slowly turned around and as he turned, I began to notice little details. His hair was slightly shorter and darker than I remembered. His glasses were chunkier and more hipstertastic. His backpack was blue instead of black. He had grown 3-4 inches. This man was not Todd.

We stared at each other for what seemed like several minutes. I had no idea what I was supposed to say to the man I had just accosted and he obviously had no idea what to think about this girl that goes around kicking and name-calling random strangers. I began to back away, pointed my index finger at him and said, "..Have a nice day, sir".

Comments

Popular Posts