Sew Uncomfortable II

I'm not taking a sewing class this semester, as you might have guessed. I ended up with a C in the class, which honestly was kind of a pleasant surprise (there goes grad school). For our final, we had to take a practical exam. We had to cut out fabric with a pattern, sew a dart, make three buttonholes, and attach facing. I finished it really quickly and was pretty proud of myself. I looked around and everyone else was still working.

No one's project looked like mine.

I realized that I had done it backwards. I looked down at my beautiful buttonholes (one area of sewing in which I excel) and knew that if I wanted to do this the right way, I would have to start over. So, I did what any self-respecting college student would do. I turned in my horribly wrong project and walked away.

A few days ago, I ran into my TA from the sewing class. That poor girl saw me cry several times and had to grade my atrocious work. I actually felt a little uncomfortable seeing her. We chatted for a little bit and then I made my escape. "See ya!" she smiled at me as I walked away.

"...see ya, too!" I shouted back. And then I ran for my life because I realized that no one in their right mind says "see ya, too" to people. Dear goodness...

Comments

Popular Posts