Muffin Mayhem

Yesterday, as I was walking with my roommate, Erin, to a show on campus, a group of perky BYU/SA students marched toward us with giant white boxes. I knew these white boxes. They were the boxes that held delicious goodies from the heaven that is BYU Food to Go. As I was reveling in the mint brownie glory days of my freshman year, a cheerful voice called me back to reality. "Would you like a blueberry muffin?"

Baked Goods - Mint Brownies
Mint brownies - one reason I attend BYU


Now, I'm fairly certain that there will be few times in my life where the answer to that question will be "No". I reached into the box and pulled out a delicious looking blueberry muffin. A small piece broke off and hit the ground. "Oh no!" I yelled and somehow, I felt the rest of the muffin slip from my hand. As if in slow motion, I watched the blueberry goodness flip from my left hand, hit my flailing right hand, and turn 1, 2, 3 times before finally hitting the ground with a pathetic thud.

I looked up at my BYUSSR comrades, expecting a friendly, "It's ok, we have plenty more!", but was instead taken aback by the lone boy grabbing the box away greedily, yelling "Quick! Before she can drop more!" and ran away. I slowly bent down, picked up the sad little muffin and walked away.

Comments

Popular Posts