The Tale of the 24-Hour Boyfriend Part I

Over the summer, I met a boy named Devin. He seemed pretty nice and was flirtatious with me, which was strange because I was forced to dress like this every day:

Brown shorts, brown belt, and black shoes. Classy.


He got my number and we began to text. I really wish I had saved those text messages or written them down somewhere, because they were golden. The epitome of everything I hate about texting. Broken English, complete disregard for any form of grammar, and that sense of brashness that comes with not being face to face with the person to whom you are speaking.

I have no idea how to flirt or text well, so flirtatious texting was completely out of my league. I called Scarlett and she fed me my lines perfectly. I think the best way to tell you how I was feeling during this time is to simply quote from my journal.

"I hate text flirting. I hate flirting, but doing it by text is even worse. In real life, there are no emoticons or missing letters to make me feel queasy about my decision to talk to a person . . . When he sends me a text that says 'lol awe u miss me?' I'm not quite so enthralled. Is this how my generation communicates? I swear, if this turns into sexting, I am out! I feel like real people don't talk to each other like this. This conversation means nothing . . . Maybe I'm being harsh, it is 2am. At this point I'm just forwarding his texts to Scarlett and then she tells me what to say. Honestly, I don't even care what the oucome is. I feel like an intelligent person that I would want to have a relationship with would not text like this. It's gross."

Now obviously, since this story isn't called "The Tale of the Kid Who Texted Me and I Thought It Was Weird So I Stopped", I didn't listen to my own advice. Stay tuned, kids.

Comments

Popular Posts